If you are currently planning a vintage wedding, or looking for wedding inspiration we suspect you will be quite familiar with handmade and vintage marketplace Etsy. Selling products from around the world it is a wonderful collection of bespoke items you just wont find anywhere else, the hardest part is making a choice! Todays selection is five garters than will make your feel gorgeous, add to your vintage inspired traditions and add a cheeky touch to your accessories…
Tick off your ‘something old’ with a vintage lace garter. Look for handmade items using vintage lace for the best of both worlds.
Sparkle always works on a wedding day and a delicate beaded and crystal garter is just a lovely way to add some extra glamour to your accessories.
For something a bit more quirky how about a flask of something stronger under your wedding dress with a flask garter? Great for photo opportunities…and to calm the nerves!
Keep up the wedding traditions with your ‘something blue’ with a blue velvet ribbon garter.
Go for the pretty option with an adorable garter made with silk flowers . Delicate and feminine…perfect for any bride.
Our 5 Etsy buying tips –
- Be clever with your search options. Use specific colour and shape descriptions as keywords. So instead of just searching for ‘pink dress’, search for cerise dress, fuchsia dress, pastel dress, blush dress, coral dress etc. Search every day as people list all the time and you don’t want to miss out on the perfect item because you didn’t find it in time.
- Consider the location of your seller. You can buy globally on Etsy but factor in timescales, postage costs, customs charges and language differences.
- Use Paypal. This will protect both you and the seller and provide you with extra protection in case of a problem.
- Request samples. This one is particularly key if you’re thinking about co-ordinating lots of different products together, as colours can vary widely and photographs aren’t always accurate. Most sellers should be open to sending you small samples, especially if you’re willing to pay postage or a small fee.
- Read the feedback and ask about the return policy. Check out what other shoppers have said as comments and reviews are a great sources of information. When you’re buying products sight unseen, there should always be an easy return or exchange option. Check out the seller’s return policy, and if it’s not on the site, feel free to ask about it.
Are you going to be a vintage bride soon? Come visit one of our upcoming vintage wedding fairs in Cambridge on 14th September, Harrogate on 21st September, or in London on 9th November and find everything you need for your big day. For more details check the website – http://www.vintageweddingfair.co.uk.
Written by Sarah Gorlov.